Main Navigation

 photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-Home.png photo HiSugarplum-Projects.png photo HiSugarplum-Organize.png photo HiSugarplum-Holiday.png photo HiSugarplum-Fashion.png photo HiSugarplum-MainNav-travel.png

Ad - Header Leaderboard

Monday, February 28, 2011

{Babygirl's Room} Making the Bed

Hello, hello! Yay Monday. Where in the world did the weekend go? Where'd February go for that matter?!? Hard to believe tomorrow is March. But with March, brings warmer temperatures, longer days and Spring Break! Think I'll finally finish Babygirl's Room this month? No promises, but I'm trying (Ahem, Emily!)

We were nursing strep throat in our house this weekend, and I didn't get much computer time, so the Crown Molding post will be another day or so. Today I'm excited to show you the new big-girl bed with her first layer of bedding!

 
100_2095

I say first layer because it still needs throw pillows, and I'm working on those along with the Art Station floor pillows. Her bedding is Nicole Miller's Fifi Collection I found on Overstock almost 4 years ago! Babygirl wasn't even a year old, but I knew her Big Girl room would have a Parisian flair, so I nabbed it. I searched online for it yesterday, but it's sold out everywhere right now.

Here's a close-up of the design...the little French poodle on a Vespa, Eiffel Tower and Metro Station is killing me with all the cuteness!


Picnik collage

Plus pom-pom fringe...I die!

100_2089

I bought the mattresses at Sears, and didn't realize in store just how tall they were! The bed sits only 8" off the ground, but with the box spring and mattress, it's a whopping 32" tall! This leaves the box spring exposed. I'll eventually get another fitted sheet to cover it, but the white king-sized coverlet does a great job for now. It belonged to my grandparents and I love having a piece of them in her room.

Picnik collage

The recovered step-stool comes in handy for this extra-tall, Princess and the Pea bed too!

100_2095

I have the comforter folded at the foot of the bed to break up the busy pattern, and the bed pillows tucked inside to make it nice and full.

Picnik collage

We'd originally talked of putting her monogram on the headboard, but the mattresses and shams ate up most of that space, so I elected to leave it clean and let the pretty lines of the headboard shine. (You'll see the monogram pop up somewhere else!).

100_2088
(Catch the little peek of Fancy Pants Highboy?!?)

Love how it mimics a tulip, reminds me of the flowers at Luxembourg Gardens in Paris.




Remember how the bed looked when I brought it home (for $60!!)?



She's still adjusting to sleeping in the big bed, but climbing in with her for story time is a new favorite at bedtime.

Picnik collage
(Those are materials for the pelmet tucked under the bed...along with Zhu Zhu Pet paraphernalia. Urgh!)

The room is really starting to come together...can you see it???

49 comments:

  1. LOVE the bed and the bedding Cassie!!! The bed looks fantastic in red and that bedding has just the right retro vintage sweet flair. She must be thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks beautiful all pulled together! that bedding is wonderful- i love that it is parisian but more colorful than i often think when i think parisian. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! The bed is GORGEOUS & that bedding is too cute, especially with that trim!!! Love it! :) And I hear ya on the zhuzhu stuff, UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how it is coming together! I adore the bedding and the color of the bed frame you chose! Can you share the color of the bed frame?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than when the babies get to be in a bed. Being able to climb in with them when they have a bad dream or like you said, story time at night.



    http://everydayinjeans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing! that pink bed is every little girls dream come true! and those pom poms... i die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable bed! and the bedding is terrific. Can't wait to see the pelmet box! She's a lucky little girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Coming together very nicely! I love the idea of tucking the pillows at the bottom. I actually got my little girl's bedding from Overstock, too, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love the bedding! It is looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking so adorable. Love the step stool details. And the pom poms . . so cute. I am also digging the make it look bigger trick (the comforter, cassie!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bedding, and especially love the pom poms!! Her room is looking so dang cute. I just finished my little girls bed and I love when the project is almost done so you can just stare at your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is probably the best looking bed I've seen in awhile, the happy color looks fabulous against the walls while the bedding keeps it all looking fresh! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so perfect! That bedding is just too fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, it IS looking fab!! I love that pretty pink bed so much. That bedding is adorable too.

    Impatiently waiting for the rest...just kidding. Sort of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how the room is coming together! I think I may need you to come do my room :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it...Seeing that bed again in all it's glory makes me remember how much I am just ga-ga over that COLOR!!! It's just so perfect...sending good (and healthy) vibes your way and hoping you get some down time girl! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SOO cute! I have to show your post to my friend for her 5 year old... she would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable! I love the bedding and the pom pom detail is darling. That is the "most fun" step stool I have ever seen. I think it's special to have a touch....I guess it would be your daughter's great grandparents in her room. The coverlet is lovely. It's is looking really beautiful, Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am seriously DYING over that bedding- it is perfection!!! The little black pom poms make me crazy- so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You had my at pompom fringe :) I love the 4 yrs in the making with the bedding -- you big planner!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That bed is to.die.for! The pom pom trim on the pillow is adorable to! I need a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cassie, I just love the bed! The juicy colour, the bedding and my fave, the pom pom fringe!! I love the idea of the step stool, I'd totally feel like a princess walking up to my bed.

    Amazing job! I don't think I got a bed bigger than a twin until I was 18 years old! Lucky little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks great! I love how you painted the headboard hot pink. Is it wrong I want a hot pink headboard and I am a adult? Gorgeous bed for a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks awesome! I love the bedding. The pops of pink in it tie everything together

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ack! I l-o-v-e her bedding (I have a bit of an obsession with anything French)! I love the fact that you bought it when she was still way too little for it - sounds like something I would do. I'm a planner. Anywho, I love the whole thing, but can't shake the feeling that a ruffly bedskirt peeking out from behind the bed frame would be DARLING. Can't wait to see her completed room!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Get OUT Cassie!! I love love her new bedding. So cute. That pom pom fringe...

    ReplyDelete
  27. so cute...love the bedding...and love the color of the bed...looks so cozy and put together...perfect for bedtime stories and sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  28. There is so much that is great on here, but the color of that bed is WOW! What color is it? Did you paint it with a brush?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow - it really looks great, the bedding is absolutely gorgeous, the pom poms are totally adorable and i love the colour of the headboard! Looks like such a cosy bed xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cassie, thanks for the paint color!! I'm keeping it on my short list.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So adorable!! There's something about high beds that I adore!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely bed. I'm your newest follower. I would love it if you linked your project up to my link party.
    More The Merrier Monday.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't get over the pink bed-- SO beautiful! The little girl in me is just dying over this room :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous dahhling! My favorite part is the pom-pom fringe on the pillows!! Insanely cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Totally see it, and it's totally gorgeous :)
    Hope your house is all healthy soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yes I can see it...maybe its b/c the room holds the cutest bed ever! Yup, that's helping me to see it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  37. The bedding is lovely! The poms poms are fabulous! I love how everything is coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a super sweet and chic girlie room?? She's a lucky girl to have such a stylish mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. you have done a great job girl..love it all from top to bottom. and i still need to contact your kitchen contractor.

    ReplyDelete
  40. love that red bed!! I had a red bed growing up! Love that fabric too. Great job Cassie! thecoolkidsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Her room is just precious! Perfect for a little girl, yet she will love it as a teen too. The step stool is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love! The little stool is super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The poodles are very cute. And those pom-poms finish it of perfectly! Finally, I think the wheels on the bed frame are a great idea too.

    Visiting from House of Hepworth's.

    More Than A Mom
    http://morethana-mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. i love her room! her bed and bedding are adorable. i really love the colors. you are doing a great job with it. i have a party on tuesday i would love it you shared this.

    http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  45. Just discovered your blog today.I have already purchased big girl bedding because I loved the pattern.our little girl is just 8 months old.love the window treatment.any suggestions for fan shaped windows?
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  46. My 10 year old daughter and I stumbled upon your blog and fell in love with your daughter's room. We absolutely love the bedding and the bed. Luckily, someone was selling the bedding on Craigs List for half the price. We are so excited!! Thank you for your inspiration...Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love it! Where is the white quilt from?

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Latoya -- the quilt was my grandparents, so I don't have a source for it. Sorry I couldn't be more help!!

    xo. Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like crack, or popcorn with milk duds, I just can't quit them. And unfortunately, because of insane amounts of spam, I've had to disable Anonymous comments for awhile. I just didn't need any more information on penis enlargements! But you can always email me! xoxo, cass

Google Analytics

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

rS tracking code

 

design + development by fabulous k