So let's leave all that behind and jump right in to this Friday Five, because I've got some goodies for you!
1) Holidays = Baking. But then there's the question of how to package those goodies for friends and neighbors. One of my favorite Brits, Rachie at A Chi Chi Affair, found the cutest printables for packaging cookie gifts! I've already printed off several copies and can't wait to get my bake on.
2) Speaking of Advent Calendars...one of our activities this week was 'Write a Letter to Santa.' Well it was a whole lot cuter thanks to this free printable from my adorable friend, Jen at I Heart Organizing. And if you take your letter to any Macy's store and drop it in their Santa Box, they'll donate $1 to Make-A-Wish Foundation! Pretty cool, right?
3) Yesterday I posted a doozie of a Men's Gift Guide, and this post had great stuff for you and the gals in your life. But what about all those other people on your list who are so dang hard to buy for?! You know who I'm talking about! Well, I recently discovered Uncommon Goods, the coolest online shop full of the most creative and affordable gifts. I know you could find something great for teachers, parents, kids, and your great-uncle Buck.
4) I was lucky enough to participate in Hunted Interior's round-up of fabulous ornaments this week. I don't know what I liked better....the gorgeous ornaments, or Kristin's amazing graphics! That girl has got serious skills. See for yourself here....
5) We've been having fun with Advent Calendars for years, but this is the first holiday season we added an Elf on the Shelf to the excitement. And I don't know who loves it more...me or the kids! I've been showing Faith (our elf) and her hijinks on InstaGram this week.
Christmas wishes with the Alphabet Game
Passed out in the bag of chocolate chips. Moderation, please, Faith!
Chilling in the freezer with her pal, Frosty. #seewhatIdidthere?
Oops, stayed in the freezer too long and caught a cold. Of course leaving her used Kleenex all over?!
I love seeing what others are doing with their elves, so I started a hashtag link on InstaGram: #HiSugarplumElfFun It's so much fun to scroll through all the creative ideas...not to mention really helpful when you realize late at night you haven't moved your elf that day! Here's just a few of my favorites this week.
A new Keebler Elf!
A little switch-er-roo with the dog.
Kids seem to listen to the elves more than mommy.
Replaced all the family photos with himself.
Thanks for the tip, Erin! This changes everything!